History



The Symphony at WKU was originally named the Normal School Orchestra in 1908. It is now a cooperative venture between the Western Kentucky University Music Department and The Symphony at WKU Association. The orchestra is composed of WKU students and professional musicians from the surrounding region. Its purpose is to provide the opportunity for musicians, students and professionals, to perform in an orchestral setting and to contribute to the cultural enrichment and enjoyment of its audiences.